Thursday, June 14, 2012

Simpy Crafts Challenge June 2012

The gals over at Simply Crafts have another great challenge using the ROUNDED STAR cut from the Baby Steps cartridge.






I don't have the Baby Steps cartridge, I'm having to cut my STARs from the Doodle Charms cartridge.    For my card, I'm using the new Acrylic Distressed look I just learned for my back ground.  

I used my scorer to put lines on white card stock then painted it red and let dry.  When done drying I used a coarse nail file and laid it flat and began moving it back and forth taking the paint off the raised lines.

Well you guessed it, another Patriotic card - with Stars as the challenge why not make a Happy 4th card.  Rockets Red Glare...and  I just noticed even the end of the rocket has a star!    The rocket is cut from the Sweet Treats cartridge.

I used some loose letters for my sentiment at the bottom of the card stamped in red.  I pop dotted the red layer on the rocket and also all three stars.




I dotted Red White & Blue glitter glue on each corner.   I wish this picture would come out a little better, the white stars are on white shimmery paper and really stand out.

I hope you enjoyed my post for today and my entry into the Simply Crafts challenge. 
Chao for now! --C

3 comments:

  1. I really like the card. I love the Doodlecharm stars. They are really fun! :) Thank you for participating in the Simply Crafts challenge.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! This card is so cool. I love the rocket and stars and that little bit of bling! Thanks for joining our Simply Crafts Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job my friend! Love the colors of course. I bet the shimmery stars look great up close! :) ~C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!