Sunday, October 21, 2012

Halloween Home Decor

I've been so inspired, once again, from the many talented blogs out there, I just had to give it a shot at doing my own Halloween Home Decor. 

 
I took a scrap of wood, about 15 inches long, and 1 1/2 inches wide. I'm thinking you could use a wooden ruler from the dollar store for this project, just make your circles smaller.
I then painted the wood black with craft paint...probably would have been faster with spray paint. But I did with what I had on  hand - improvise right!
 

I used Halloween paper, not cardstock, for the fanned circles. I scored it every other 1/4 then folded. I used two 12 inch long pieces and then glued them together to make the circle. I tried three different widths on this project.  For this center fan, I used MCT Stitched Circle & Scallop dies and a stamp from my stash of stamps TRICK OR TREAT for the top.





These three circle fans I used cuts from Teresa Collins Chic n Scary all cut on glitter paper.
On the top, my hubby drilled a hold to hang on a nail.  I used some upcycled black mesh (I know there is a name for this stuff but it slips my mind) and tied it into a bow.  VIOLA!
Well that's my Halloween Home Decor project.  I'm hoping to be doing some more home decor projects and share them you.  Until then, have a great day!

Chao for now, --C



1 comment:

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!