Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Boss's Day

Today is Boss's Day and what a great way to let your boss know they're the best than giving them a card and a little something, something!  The office all pitched in to get our wonderful boss a gift card to Kohl's.

 
The card is sized at 5x7 - had to have enough room for everyone in the office to sign the card! 
The owl is cut from Create A Critter Cartridge at 3 inches.   I used my Gypsy to hide the eyes so I could use my new PKS stamp set.
 

I used Peachy Keen Stamp Set, Critter Faces, for my owl face.  This particular set is the medium size.  I colored in the nose with orange jelly roll pen.  I used Versa Marker   to highlight the 'feathers' on the wings. (this is a new wonderful pen I just started using, it allows you to draw on your paper and turn it into a similar color, like a watermark. Easy Cheesy!)   For the ears and the chest feathers I used Stardust Stickles. 


For the wording, I used my Gypsy to weld most of the lettering from the Jasmine Cartridge.  As you can see, I made the Who into Whooo's  GET IT?!   I used white jelly roll pen to add some emphasis on the lettering.


For the inside, I added another owl at 2 inches, also hid the eyes so I can use another stamp from the set.  I wrote in marker YOURS, following up with the front of the card "Whooo's day is it". Sorry for the writing on this pic...had to get everyone to sign it before I was completely finished and took pictures. Hey, gotta do, what ya gotta do, right! 


I colored in the nose with orange jelly roll pen. The eyes with black and white jelly roll pens. And another new addition to my craft supplies is Glossy Accents. I LOVE THIS STUFF.  Once my ink from the jelly roll pens dried, I added Glossy Accents to the eyes...kind of makes them look like googly eyes.

I think the card came out really cute and everyone in the office liked seeing my new added craft supplies in the works.   They're even cutting out their coupons for me now. LMAO Are they trained or what! 

That's it for today.  Have a great day!  Chao for now. --C


 

2 comments:

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!