Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Fall

My, oh my, how the time has gone by since my last post.   I've been doing some crafting just haven't had the time to post.  I've had some changes in my life...IT'S ALL GOOD, and I won't bore you with all the details. 
This weekend I was really feeling the heat and the humidity from our monsoon storms we've been having and I just want fall to be here already so it can cool off.  So while in my craft studio I did the Fall Dance LOL and made this card.

 
The sequins idea came from Nikki over at Scrappin Navy Wife and I couldn't wait to give it a try. The leaves are from MCT Stitched Leaves Dies. Click here for MCT

I first heat embossed my sentiments, these were from my stash.
I placed the dies in the arrangement I wanted and ran it through the Cuttle Bug.  Then I took a piece of scrap paper and placed it behind the front of the card and traced w/ pencil the area that needed to be covered in sequins.
I used Red, Gold, and Orange, the colors of Fall, for my leaves. I used my two sided permanent runner tape and they held really well.  After all the sequins were in place, I placed on the inside so the sequins showed through the leaves and secured it w/ tape.  Then I took white card stock cut to fit the card to cover the 'insides' so it looked finished.
To top off the card, I used light orange/peach colored sheer ribbon on the side. Viola.

That's all I have for today. Can't promise when I'll post again. Happy Crafting!  --C

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see you posting again! Your card is great, I also cannot wait for the fall to get here! The humidity has been awful! Hope all is well! Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I love love love what you did with the sequins! You've been watching Miss Nikki :) Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!!! Hugs my friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!