Sunday, February 3, 2013

Love Is In The Air

Hello My Crafty Friends,
Today I'm sharing a Valentine's card using the Photo Inspiration over at Peachy Keen.  I have to tell you, I think this is my 2nd time making a card using the colors/photo inspiration and I tell ya, I had a hard time with it...almost like the sketches.  I just seemed to have crafters block...for HOURS. :-)

First, here's the photo for the challenge 13:5 Photo Inspiration Click HERE for more details and to enter your project


As you can see I chose to use only a few of the colors. The PKS stamp set used is the January set.

Now if you're looking at this and thinking it looks a little different from the stamp...that's because it is different.  I wanted her arms to be up...so I cut them off and exchanged sides so the thumbs were up and I reattached the arms to the body of the bear.

Here's a closer look.  You can see the seams a bit.  I used jelly roll pen for the eyes and then topped them off with Glossy Accents.  A little red stickles on the heart.

Here's where Love Is In The Air -- The LOVE balloons are from the Heart Lollipop stamp, I just cut off the stem.  The twine used, I can't remember the name of it...it's from Liz's Paper Loft and was another wonderful gift in the MCT 12 Days Of Christmas box I won from Emma.

For the sentiment, just simply, Happy Valentine's Day!  It's really a super simple card even though it took me hours to get going on what I was going to do.  I think this will make a great card for Hubs...it's not all Gooshy! LOL
Don't forget there are still a few more days to enter. Click HERE

Have a great week! --C


6 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute my friend!!! I'm tellin ya...you are getting more awesome-er with every project!!! :) Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sorry to hear that the process took so long... but your card came out so GOOD! I am going to tackle this color challenge tonight. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG your card is sooo ADORABLE!GREAT job with your cute bear,Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the Peachy Keen face and blush cheeks! Wonderful Valentine...TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!