Monday, September 24, 2012

Birthday Ride

Hello my crafty friends...well, once again, it's been a few weeks since I last posted.  I've done a little traveling and some crafting too. 

My hubby had a bday the other week and we needed to have a Do-Over vacation ride since he wasn't feeling great on the last one we took in August...and let me tell you this trip was SO much better he was feeling FANTASTIC!


Our Harley isn't quite like the "chopper" seen above, but in the years past, my hubs had one similar to this one.

The motorcycle is cut from the Groovy Times cartridge at 5 inches  (I think) this card is sized 5 x7 so I think that's about right. Sorry, when I'm making a one of a kind card I just go with it and don't plan on keeping the measurements.


The lettering is cut from the basics that comes with the Cricut Craft Room Basics -- I used white, red, and black gel pens to accent the motorcycle. You can't tell in the pic, the base of the bike is on silver sparkle paper to try and give it the 'chrome' look.


Doesn't it look like we're going down the  road! LOL  I just cut out a curvy strip of black paper and used a white gel pen to make the lines.  Also on your left, behind the seat, I made our travel pack.


Besides the motorcycle, the other focal point is the map background.  I took our atlas and copied the area where we were going.  New Mexico.  We stayed in Farmington and Taos, New Mexico, and back down to Flagstaff, Arizona for the night before we headed home....we hit all there was to see in between.


It was a great ride, and so very thankful the hubs is feeling better.  Here's a pic we took the morning we were leaving.   Have a great day and keep on crafting!




1 comment:

  1. What a cool card! So glad you had a good time my friend! You sooooo deserve it! Love all your details on the motorcycle. :) hugs

    ~C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining me. Please leave a comment, I read ALL of them. Have a Crafty Day!